Links & Resources
- US Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Michigan – www.mieb.uscourts.gov
- Us Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Michigan – www.miwb.uscourts.gov
- Access the Federal and Bankruptcy Court Docket using PACER – www.pacer.gov
- Chapter 13 Trustee – David Wm. Ruskin – www.det13.com
- Chapter 13 Trustee – Tammy L. Terry – www.det13.net
- Chapter 13 Trustee – Krispen S. Carroll – www.det13ksc.com
- Chapter 13 Trustee – Carl Bekofske – www.flint13.com
- Chapter 13 Trustee – Thomas McDonald – www.mcdonald13.com
- The Fair Credit Billing Act (FCBA) specifies your rights concerning the correct accounting and billing of accounts.
- The Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (FDCPA) specifies your rights concerning the collection of debts by debt collectors.
- Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), credit bureaus must accurately report information they supply to third-party lenders.
- The Truth in Lending Act (TILA) requires disclosure in credit billing of the many additional fees and points that arise in loan/lease agreements.
There are three major credit reporting agencies: Equifax, Experian and TransUnion. Not all creditors report to the same bureaus, so each of your reports may contain different information. You can order a free copy of your credit report from each bureau once a year. The free report will not include your credit score, which you can purchase for a small fee. To obtain your yearly free credit report, start here.
Moldovan Law Firm, PLLC is proud to recommend the following attorneys for help in the areas of the law that we do not practice:
- Estate Planning and Probate – For excellent estate planning, Medicaid planning, Veterans Benefits, Probate, and Trust Administration
- SSR Law Office – Attorney Ben Schock at www.ssrlawoffice.com.